This month I turned 23 years of age and while I have definitely done and achieved a lot in those 23 years there are still things that I am desperate to do.
I have had an all encompassing bucket list for a few years now and have only managed to tick off about four things. The main reason for this being that a lot of my items on that list are things I am not physically capable of achieving at this point in my life. So I decided to write a new bucket list that was shorter and more suited to my current life status. I figured giving myself a time limit of two years was a good idea as it meant I wasn’t rushing to complete items and therefore not taking the time to truly enjoy them. This deadline gives me something to work towards and if I complete these things before my 25th birthday I feel more confident about avoiding having a quarter life crisis! So here is my bucket list:
1. Get my full driving license
– I have been putting off learning how to drive for years because I never had the money or the time. Now that I am finished university though and not living in a big city, not having a car is becoming a big problem for me. So I am putting this first just to remind myself to get my butt into gear and start sooner rather than later! I am definitely not a confident driver, I have yet to even drive on a road, but I am hoping that I can do all of my lessons and get my license before my 25th birthday!
– This has been on my bucket list for such a long time! It’s probably the craziest thing on this list but I think it would be amazing too. I know I will be terrified but I hope that I will be brave enough to go through with it! I know so many people who have done it (some of them have done it multiple times) and they say its one of the best experiences of their lives. So if I am brave enough to go through with it I know it will be something that I will never forget!
3. Visit Niagara Falls
– My sister moved to Toronto last year and I have been making plans to visit her over there ever since. I am hoping to go over in either May or June and as Niagara falls is very close to Toronto I think this will be an easy one to knock off my list. Plus the falls are so well known I would be an idiot if I passed up the chance to see them when I am so close by. This has been on my bucket list well before my sister moved so now I get to hit two birds with one stone by visiting both the falls and my sister at the same time!
4. Get a full time job
– As mentioned in my recent post I am currently on the job hunt for a full time job. I hate being unemployed (although I technically work for my mother right now) and really want to find a job that I am going to like. I have spent time redoing my CV and am feeling very positive about the job hunting experience. I have a much clearer idea of what kind of job I want and where I would like to live so that has narrowed down my search a lot. Fingers crossed I will find something soon!
5. Get another tattoo
– Secret fact about me I have a tattoo on my ankle. It’s a secret because very few people know about it, my family don’t even know! I love tattoos especially very simple small tattoos. I am constantly looking up photos of tattoos for inspiration ( Pinterest is my best friend for this) and I have several ideas for new tattoos in my mind. I know tattoos can divide people’s opinions, personally I only want ones that have a very special meaning for me. That way I know I won’t regret them in years to come! I also don’t rush into getting one, it’s been three years since I got my first tattoo so the second one has been a long time coming!
6. Start a capsule wardrobe
– This is one I am definitely going to struggle with. I am a self confessed shopaholic so limiting my spending habits is going to be difficult! Although I also basically wear the same clothes all of the time so maybe I can make it work. I have seen so many bloggers and YouTubers do this in recent year (one of my favs being @theannaedit) and they make it look so simple and easy! I hate how much space my clothes take up and would love to have a wardrobe where you can actually see everything easily and be able to grab and go!
7. Move out
– After finishing university I moved back into my parents house as I only had a part-time job and wasn’t making enough to pay for my rent. Living with your parents has its pros and cons (Keep an eye out I will be doing a post going into detail on this) and it is definitely a challenge going from freedom to no freedom! I desperately want my own apartment so that I can decorate it just how I like it. So I am starting to save so that I can hopefully move out before the summer *fingers crossed*
8. Post consistently on blog for 1 year
– I have spent so many years deliberating on whether or not to start a blog and now that I finally have I want to really commit to it. I have so many ideas for posts and I want to get better and better at writing as well as improving my layout and blog design. I also want to improve my use of social media and figure out how to get the best results out of it. I am aiming to post continuously every week for a whole year so hopefully by this time next year I can cross this goal off my list!
9. Reach goal weight
– Like a lot of people I used the new year as an excuse to begin a new diet and weight loss plan. I am doing this mainly for health reasons but also because I have been feeling very fed up of my body lately and would like to get some of my body confidence back. I am a big believer in loving your body no matter what size you are but think a big part of that is taking care of your body by eating healthier and exercising regularly, two things I am definitely not doing enough of. So I am slowly aiming to lose a bit of weight but overall I want to change my lifestyle so that it is healthier!
10. Start my own freelance Social Media Management business
– I recently began an online course by the freedom junkies that shows you how to do exactly this. I would love to have a freedom lifestyle at some point in my life and this kind of job would work so well for me. Considering I have a degree in marketing I think I could do well in this, I just need to take the time to plan it out and get it rolling. Having a blog is allowing me to practice my social media skills and I am really enjoying it so far!
11. Move abroad
– I desperately want to move abroad and live in another country for awhile. My plan at the moment is to get a two year visa to Canada and live and work there for awhile. That way I can travel around Canada and hopefully visit a few states in America as well. I would also love to travel around from country to country which is why a Social media management business would be perfect for me! If I am working just from my laptop I don’t have to be location dependent and can freely move around while still earning money.
12. Save €5000
– Like I said I am a shopaholic, meaning I am very bad at saving money! I really want to improve on this and have money stashed away for a rainy day. I want to start seriously building up my savings and learn how to properly budget so I spend less money. There is so much I want to do over the next few years that I am going to need a good bit of money for so I figured the earlier I start to save the better!
13. Visit 10 countries
– As mentioned earlier I love to travel and I am always dreaming of my next holiday destination. I want to see as many countries as I possibly can so I think setting myself a target is a really good motivator. My sister bought me a scratch map for Christmas a few years ago and I am desperate to have my entire map coloured in!!
14. Learn new skill
– I have yet to decided what skill I am going to learn. I am thinking along the lines of crocheting which I used to know how to do in primary school but have completely forgotten. I would love to crochet a new blanket or cushion cover for myself. I know this makes me a bit of a granny but I think it would be calming to do. My other idea is calligraphy but I don’t know if I have the patience to write that slowly 😂 If you can think of any other cool skills that I should try let me know!
15. Visit Giants Causeway
– Even though I have lived in Ireland for 23 years I have actually seen very little of the tourist sites. I really want to see this area of Ireland as it looks amazing and is such a natural wonder to see. I think it is so unique that it is a must see when in Ireland. I also haven’t been in Northern Ireland before so it will be great to explore while I’m there.
16. Run a marathon
– This has been a goal of mine for awhile but I am finally going to get serious about it. As I am currently working on my own health and fitness I feel like it is more achievable now and it will be how I test how far my fitness will hopefully go! I would love to take part in the annual marathon in aid of breast cancer in Dublin as it is a cause close to my heart and it would be great to raise money! This is one that I don’t think will be crossed off until next year but it is something that I am really going to work hard over the year to achieve it.
17. Visit London
– I have lived across the pond from London my whole life and never been. It has been on my list for years and I am fed up of always putting off actually going. So I am going to book tickets as soon as I can because they usually only cost 20 Euros so I have no excuse not to! I want to see all the tourist sites like Big Ben, the London eye, Westminster and Buckingham Palace. I also want to watch a west end show while I am there like Les Mis or Wicked!
18. Take up a sport
– I used to like sports when I was younger but didn’t keep it up. I want to find a sport that I really like and that I can take part in either individually or in a team environment. I am thinking of trying out kick boxing or aerial hoop classes as I have heard that both are really fun and challenging.
19. Dye hair a “crazy” colour
– I have wanted to dye my hair any colour other than blonde for years but my mother always said no! So this is one thing that is going to have to wait until after I move out of my parents house because she won’t be happy with the results! I really want to go a light purple/ lilac colour as I think it looks so pretty. I would also like to cut my hair super short as I haven’t had my hair in a bob since I was five.
20. Go zip lining
– This is another adventurous item on my list that I have seen people doing and it just looks fun. I would particularly like to do it over amazing scenery such as in New Zealand or Hawaii. It’s one of those things ,like skydiving, that I think look cool but I don’t know if I will actually be brave enough to go through with it!
21. Visit cliffs of Moher
– I went to university on the west coast of Ireland about 40 minutes drive away from the cliffs and yet I have never been. Everyone I know had already been and weren’t bothered going again but I’ve decided to bit the bullet and just go by myself. The cliffs are one of the most popular tourist sites in Ireland and they are gorgeous to look at in photos so I can’t wait to see them in real life!
22. Write a book
-I am a huge book nerd. I love reading and could easily spend everyday reading if I was able to. I have an active imagination and am constantly thinking up different scenarios and wondering what would happen after the ending of a book. Like did the characters really live happily ever after or did something happen to tear them apart again. So it has been a dream of mine to write a book and get all of the ideas in my head down onto paper (or the computer screen) and see what happens. There are no guarantees that it will even be good but I would like to challenge myself to just do it anyway!
23. Visit New York
– New York has been on my bucket list from the first time I ever saw the TV show friends. It’s the city that you just have to visit at least once in your life and I am dying to go there! I can’t even tell you the amount of vlogs I have watched on YouTube of people in New York. My dream would be to live there one day but getting a visa is such a pain that I don’t think its going to happen anytime soon. But still a girl can dream !!
24. Learn to cook well
– I am an alright cook, but I am not a great cook. I can mostly only cook pasta and stir fry’s so I want to learn more recipes and just generally improve my cooking skills! I would love to one day host a dinner party and really impress my friends with some delicious fancy looking recipes. And of course have a super Instagrammable table setting to go with the food 😛
25.Visit south east Asia
– I have wanted to travel around south east Asia for years but my friends always thought it was too expensive! I’ve decided to just go on my own and travel to China, Japan, Philippines, Thailand and India. So many people I know have gone to Thailand and their photos always look amazing. It’s a part of the world that I have been fascinated with for a long time so I can’t wait to start planning a trip there.